To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities
United Way is focusing on the building blocks of a good life for all – education, income and health. It takes all of us working together to build a stronger Southwestern Indiana. Everyone has something to offer. United Way connects people to opportunities to GIVE, ADVOCATE & VOLUNTEER.
United Way of Southwestern Indiana is
- United Way of Southwestern Indiana serves Vanderburgh, Spencer and Warrick counties.
- Funds are raised and distributed locally.
- Your United Way is governed by a 25 member board of area volunteers.
- Volunteers oversee every aspect of the organization, ensuring United Way funds are prudently managed.
- In-depth financial analysis and controls assure fiscal responsibility.
- Each year, a team of over 60 volunteers review the programs and decide how funds should be distributed.
- One community-wide campaign supports vital programs in the areas of education, income and health.
- Volunteers stretch the value of each dollar contributed.
- To assist fund allocations, a need study is conducted every three years to determine what the community considers high-priority issues.