Welcome to the new You Can Help page!
You may be aware of our column in the Courier & Press that ran every Sunday and featured information that was submitted to United Way SWI from local agencies. The agencies’ requests fell into three categories:
• Items needed for the agency – see list below
• Items needed for clients – see list below
• Volunteers needed – click here for a current list of volunteer opportunities
As of February 25, the You Can Help column will no longer run in the Courier & Press, and starting on February 26, it will be provided here on our website.
- How this page will work:
• Any local nonprofit organization may send a list of equipment, furniture or supplies needed for offices or programs, items needed for clients, and volunteer opportunities with your organization.
• You should send your items needed list to United Way SWI contact, Katie Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Please include the following information:
Name of the organization
Person of contact
Phone and email
Items you need (Office, volunteers, clients)
• Please note that space is limited on this page. If your listing has been fulfilled, please let Katie Sutton know, or it will be taken off after 2 weeks to make room for other requests. You may resubmit the need if necessary.
Please contact Katie Sutton if you have any questions during this transition period from newspaper to web. We appreciate your patience and loyalty to our You Can Help page.
|Organization:||Person of Contact:||Volunteer Opp.||Need(s):|
|St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store||Please call Don Harris 812-480-6891 for more info.||None||Water and Stamps|
|AIDS Resource Group||Please call Stacy at 812-421-0059 for more info.||None||Band-Aids, copy paper, composition books, sandwich baggies and $25 Walmart gift cards|
|Albion Fellows Bacon Center||Please call Penny at 812-422-9372 for more info.||None||Walmart gift cards, new towels and washcloths|
|Ark Crisis Child Care Center||Please Call Samantha at 812-423-9425 for more info.||None||White copy machine paper, paper plates and cups, napkins, stamps, manila file folders, washable markers, hand sanitizer, batteries, craft items for children|
|Aurora of Evansville||Please call Aimee at 812-428-3246 for more info.||None||Is seeking bus tokens, copy paper, cleaning supplies, toliet paper and paper towels. Donations may be dropped off at 1001 Mary Street, Evansville, IN.|
|Holly’s House||Please call Yvonne at 812-437-7233 for more information||None||Is in need of Snacks for our visiting clients that are individually wrapped ex: Chips,pretzels, popcorn,peanuts, raisins any bagged snack. Also individual cakes, cookies, Twinkies, crackers, etc. Also drinks in a can or children’s pouch or box.|
|Right Steps Network||Please call Gene at 812-760-9806 or gkendrick [at] rightstepsnetwork [dot] org||None||Right Steps Network is in need of medium size hinged knee braces.|
|Albion Fellows Bacon Center||Please call Rachel at 812-422-9372 or rachelh [at] albioncenter [dot] org||None||There are in need of women’s deodorant and tampons for guest at their shelter.|
|Hangers||Please call Dave at 812-435-8888 x 22212 or dave [at] evscfoundation [dot] org||None||Hangers is in need of new socks and new underwear of all sizes for students, hygiene items (bar soap, body wash, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste ) and gently used clothing, especially uniform clothing. Drop off on Monday’s from 8:00 am-12:00 pm @ AIS Diamond (Former North high school) 800 Wedeking Ave. door 27.|