Your Donations Are Doubled!
The Welborn Baptist Foundation, one of the initial founders of the Response Fund, has generously offered to match donations dollar-for-dollar up to $150,000. Your donation now makes twice the impact! Please #DoWhatYouCan to help our neighbors recover and rebuild from the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
About the Fund
As the COVID-19 crisis unfolded last March, local funding partners developed a cross-sector, community-wide critical response to the growing economic impact of the pandemic. As a result, the COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund of the Greater Evansville Region was established to serve primarily Gibson, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh and Warrick counties.
Thanks to generous founding partners, the Fund launched with more than $1,000,000 and now, more than $5.1 million has been raised. The overall goal of the Fund is to ensure responsiveness in the human services sector, with special attention to vulnerable and at-risk populations. This Fund has been designed to serve the community through the Relief, Recovery, and Restoration phases.
How does the Fund work?
* Nonprofit agencies in the Greater Evansville region are eligible to apply online to be considered for funding.
* The Advisory Committee determines a pool of available money to be allocated for each round of funding.
* The Allocations Committee, with members from broad-reaching, cross-sector representative organizations, review and evaluate applications based on published criteria.
* Applicants are notified of their application status in an open and timely manner. Those applications who do not receive funds receive feedback regarding the decision, including methods in which the organization can improve its opportunity to be funded.
* Recipient organizations are required to report on the use of the monies granted.
While the initial rounds of funding focused primarily on immediate relief, the Fund is now moving further into the phases of recovery and restoration, providing both stabilizing support to vulnerable agencies and investment to reimagine how nonprofits can serve our communities for years to come.
How Can I Help?
We invite the broader community to #DoWhatYouCan and contribute, regardless of the amount. Rest assured, your contributions are used wisely. Our Allocations Committee works diligently to identify and address the most critical needs in our communities. As the crisis continues, we need all of us working together to ensure that our families and our region emerge more stable and resilient than before.
*United Way of Southwestern Indiana serves as the fiscal sponsor so donations can be tax deductible. Credit card statements and tax receipts will reflect a contribution to United Way SWI. None of the donations are retained by the United Way and no administrative costs are charged to the fund.
Relief – meet immediate need, a temporary fix for now
Recovery – a transitional foothold, for a ‘new normal’
Restoration – a transformational foundation, for what’s next
More Ways to Donate
- Cash and Check donations are accepted at all Old National Bank and Heritage Federal Credit Union branches.
- Check should be made payable to United Way of Southwestern Indiana and reference COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund of the Greater Evansville Region (or GERF for short) in the memo
- Send a payment to:
United Way of Southwestern Indiana
318 Main Street, Suite 504
Evansville, IN 47708
- For Stock or ACH payment please call 812-421-7476
- Text the phrase “dowhatyoucan” to 41-444